Today was filled with lots of fun and lots of laughs(: This post has a lot of pictures, but I'm not going to go into detail on all of them. But I fell in love with England all over again(: And my love for castles and medieval times just increased.
I use videos to fill my free time during the day, like when we are waiting for our train to leave(:
Awkward failed selfie!
And we arrive at Windsor castle! In all honesty, it is the favorite thing I've done. And my favorite place in England. I cannot describe the beauty and detail in every room we were allowed in, and we probably only saw about 10% of the castle, this place is massive! And we weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but I took plenty of the gorgeous surroundings(:
This is a pub we passed on the way called the Blarney Stone, it called to my heritage(;
St. George apparently has had some huge influences in English history, and since living in St. George UT, I find myself with a deep connection to this man.
Random people who say things that don't make sense are funny(: So the guy overheard me saying that I wanted to live here, and he said something like it wouldn't be worth it, and then said I'd have to marry a princess. So I don't know if he meant I would have to be a princess or if he meant I'd have to marry a prince, but we had a good laugh about it(: Also, I'm noticing that I use the word fantastic A LOT. Seriously, I should go through these blog posts and count. It's probably a ridiculous amount, I apologize to everyone. I hate repetitive word usage, so I'm being a hypocrite.
So I thought it was pretty funny/ironic that the name Joan was carved in right by the fire plug. Joan of Ark...fire. Yeah you get it.
So that is the keep, and all I could think of here was "Fall back to the keep!" From Lord of the Rings, which I thought of often while walking around the castle. I also thought of Harry Potter, Robin Hood, and Dowtown Abbey. So, yeah. Nerd life!
They spell Armour the right way out here in Britain, the best way(;
Krista likes to pretend she's a guard(:
This is the entrance to St. George's Chapel, which is where a ton of the great Kings and Queens are buried, and it's over 800 years old, and it's just really really pretty(:
So there was this exhibit of Queen Mary's dolls, and while the doll house was legit, the dolls themselves were the creepiest things I've ever seen, so this was us making doll faces. Although Khrystalle just looks like a lost puppy haha(: Also, funny story about Khrystalle. So we kept seeing cute babies and children throughout the day, and every single time she would refer to them as things. "Oh my gosh, look at that cute thing!" "Just look at that, that is cute." "What adorable things." Then by the end of our journey she said it again and we all kind of chuckled, when she blurted, "I know that they're children, alright?" Oh, we love our little lost puppy(;
I was all touristy again in this moment. I hate looking like a tourist. I also genuinely feel bad for these pour soldiers who pretty much just act as tourist attractions.
So we ate lunch at Nando's, and I just really like the way they describe their levels of hotness. Read them, they're funny(:
All in all I loved Windsor and here is a photo of me laughing(:
So then we returned back to London around 6, and I went and finally did laundry (which totally sucks to do in London by the way) and then we ventured to Hyde Perk Bistro. So two things. First, when I saw this the first time all I could think of was "ermahgersh, herde perk!" For those who are unfamiliar with that joke, I'm sorry that I just looked like a total freak. The second thing I thought of was Central Perk from the TV show Friends(: So yeah. Anyway, this is a Bistro. And they have wine and chips and other things, because its a Bistro. So we kind of have no idea what a bistro is. So we just kept justifying everything about this place with that term. "I'm just going to order bread and butter." "Why?" "Because it's a bistro!"
So they gave me ketchup and mayo with my chips, so I made fry sauce(: Oh, I'm such an American.
I also ate something healthy though, so don't worry.
\"Why are there fake squirrels on the mantle?" "Duh, this is a bistro." We still don't know what a bistro is or what it means, but we no longer care. It was funny(: And the squirrels were kinda creepy actually. Also, Krista really did just order bread and butter, that wasn't some sort of joke. Though I think that the waitress thought it was at first...oh well(:
So that was my day in a nutshell(: It was probably my favorite day yet. I'm just really enjoying my time here and I just love castles! The fun is just going to continue tomorrow, since we are going to Oxford. WOO! But I have to wake up early again tomorrow to catch my train. So peace out y'all(:
No comments:
Post a Comment