First of all, another nerd moment!!:D These are going to happen often, it's who I am(; Anyway, we've been searching for Police Boxes everywhere we've went but they really just don't exist anymore. But on our way to The Museum of London we found this! A police post! I got really excited even if it isn't what I originally wanted. But the Whovian in me is gonna keep searching for the Tardis(;
And today's first event was a visit to the Museum of London! It pretty much takes you chronologically through London's history starting with prehistoric times up until present day. It was pretty cool(: Lot's of stuff I knew and some stuff that was new(:
So this wall once surrounded the entire city but wasn't kept up and it broke down and this is what's left. Even if the entire wall was still together, it's hard to believe that the city was ever small enough to fit within it's confines.
The picture sucks, but I entered a medieval day prison cell today. Even before I walked in I kind of got freaked out. I would have gone insane had I actually been thrown in one of these.
This was the cell door. I would've opted to being hanged. Seriously though, there is no way haha.
This room was like 1800's or something, but it was creepy as heck. I didn't linger very long, and then it didn't take long to go through the rest of history. In all honesty, the museum just put a creepy connotation on London history.
Tonight we saw Matilda!!! AHH! That's me in that brown jacket, that lil person right thurr(:
We were super stoked and the play was phenomenal. The best play I've seen on this trip and maybe even the best musical I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few! I loved it(:
Breaking the law...I took a picture of the stage. I just can't even put into words how amazing it was! The kid's voices and acting was insanely good. The set and the things they did with the lighting and movements was incredible and the guy (yes, a guy) that they got for Ms. Trunchbull was absolutely perfect and hilarious! I laughed so much, but I also cried a couple times and all in all I'm just super happy that I got to see it(:
So, not pictured was what went on in between the museum and the play. We went to Oxford Circus! Which isn't really a circus it's a street that is just tons of classy clothing stores and designer places and great things. We spent the majority of our time in Primark which is awesomely cute clothes for cheap prices, a girls dream! I got me a nifty sweater and a sweatshirt with a Union Jack on it(: So I guess my rainy day wasn't really even that bad. It was pretty awesome, just like all my other days here in London(; I'm now cold and tired though, and have class tomorrow (bleh) so until tomorrow, peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment