Today was a good day(: I slept in until 11 unintentionally, but it was good(: After that Miranda and I left to find the British Museum.
Okay before I get to the museum, this is what the building next to me has, these cute little patios and stuff. I'm super jealous and want one.
Video one, because I was waiting for Miranda to get her umbrella.
And another one because we kind of got lost trying to find the museum and because it was raining so freaking hard! And on more than one occasion did the buses drive by sending huge waves of water onto us. Umbrellas did nothing for us.
So we found the museum, and it's one of the biggest buildings I think I've ever seen or been in. There was so much to see, it was overwhelming. I love looking through history and this museum had exhibits for every age of history for all parts of the world. It was really cool(: We spent close to 4 hours here. I took some fun pictures, I'll add some small comments to them. Most of them speak for themselves.
Sometimes I act like a 3rd grader and mimic the poses of the statues.
I see dead people. This guy was alive in like...72 AD or something like that. Really old. Really creepy, but awesome(:
So this was how the non-rich Egyptians were buried.
Or this creepy guy who still had skin and hair! How cool is that?!
This is a death mask of Napoleon.
This lady is holding a little man, I couldn't help but laugh at this. Like what the heck? What was this artist thinking?
So I had to read Beowulf once or twice, and this section made me think of that.
The Asian exhibits were my favorite, the artwork and statues were really pretty and really nicely preserved(:
And this is Achilles killing some dude. Hercules music was playing in my head throughout this entire exhibit.
I'm touching the Rosetta Stone!!
Okay that was a fake, this is the real one...and I couldn't touch it. But even just looking at it was pretty legit(:
And this Tennyson quote that I like was on the floor...so I took a picture of it, naturally(;
So then we ate at Pret again and this is what the lid of their lemonade says, which I really like(:
So after that I did some grocery shopping and then I've been watching The Office for the past couple hours. Yeah, I'm pathetic. But I know tomorrow will be really busy, so I decided to just veg tonight and I don't even care. Plus this show is one of the funniest things ever made and Jim Halpert is perfect. Well, that is all. Fun castle adventures to come tomorrow!(: Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment