Thursday, May 23, 2013

Evenin' Guvna!

     Sleeping in feels so good(:  Yes, I slept in until 10:30 today, and it was great! Though today was also probably the most bipolar day when it came to weather. It was raining when I woke up, then it cleared up and was sunny and warm, then became awful and cold and windy. So really, London likes to keep us on our toes(;

So I took a personal day today, and went off on my own for a while and thoroughly explored Hyde Park and Kensington Palace(: I found these chairs lying around and had some fun with the picture(;


So this is a statue of Queen Victoria, or at least that's what I think it is, in front of Kensington Palace(: This is where Kate Middleton and Prince William live and it's across the street from my flat :D



I seriously was getting the weirdest looks while talking to the camera haha but I don't care. It really was a nice day out and I like videos(: A couple things, first, I was wrong, The Princess Diana memorial fountain is on the other side of the park. Also, people in London love dogs. I swear, everyone has one and they bring the everywhere. On the tube, the buses, and all over the city. It makes me want one so. bad. 

This little pond/fountain was really pretty but it was fenced off.

The palace(:


Guys, I didn't have to wear my jacket! That's how warm it was when the sun decided to come out! I was quite happy(: Also, when going off on your own, you kind of have no choice but to take awkward selfies or give your phone to some complete stranger. I didn't want to risk theft, so you get random selfies!(:

This is a cute cafe called The Orangery that is apart of the palace.

So this is the Prince Albert memorial and in the back there you can see the Royal Concert Hall or something of that nature. I'm awful at giving in depth details on these sorts of things.

I saw this and instantly thought of Mary Poppins, with all the pigeons and the park bench. Not much farther down the path I saw an old woman who looked like the lady feeding pigeons in the movie. I'm definitely in England haha(:


I like sunshine(:

Unfortunately the sun didn't last, and it got cold and windy again by the time Ivy and I departed for dinner and the show tonight. This is in front of the British Museum in Trafalgar square, and that is a photo bombing security guard(: If you can zoom in, please do. It's pretty hilarious(:

Afterwards he offered to take a picture of the both of us to make up for his photo meddling(:

So while exploring the area around where we ate, we found this sick graffiti. The Queen Mother in Louis Vuitton. I liked it(:

And yes, we ate at Chipotle. And let me tell you, it was SO GOOD. They don't really have Mexican food out here, and I've been craving it for a while now. This was just what I needed, and it's just as good if not better than the ones in the States(:


Look at the beauty that is a pork burrito!

So afterwards, because it was freezing and we had time to kill, we got some hot cocoa at Costa. Best hot chocolate I've ever had. 

Then tonight we saw One Man Two Guvnors, which is a comedy based off of the old play Servant of Two Masters. And I was dying of laughter, the entire play was hilarious! They did a couple improv scenes where they included the audience and even brought some people on stage and it was just really good(:


The play also included a lot of music from this Skiffle Band, which really just reminded me of The Beatles(: But it was a really good, chill day for the most part(:

    So a couple other fun things about today. In the park while I was walking around, there was this group of Asians who were taking pictures of absolutely everything. Literally. I watched as they took pictures of the grass, the trees, the flowers, the animals, and even us people walking through the park. I looked right at a middle-aged Asian man taking a picture of me. I don't know what was so fascinating about me walking through the park at the time, but I hope he enjoys my confused look. I also danced through the park at another point; I was listening to my iPod and a Skrillex song came on, hahaha I have no regrets(: Another funny incident, my roommate Kaitlin and I try to do some sort of workout every night before bed, but it usually turns into us just doing some crazy-weird dance moves. Yeah I accept that I'm a weirdo, but secretly you want to be my friend, admit it(;

      Well, that was my day. Very lovely(: Though it left me exhausted, yet again. Seriously though, most days I get home and I'm like this:
Traveling is tiring. But I'm now going to sleep, I have another busy day tomorrow, plus I have to write a talk for Sunday. Yeah, I get to speak on my first day in my new ward. We'll see how that goes, haha bye all.


1 comment: