Sunday, May 26, 2013

Church n' WWII (Separate Subjects)

     And summer is maybe finally approaching!! It was like 70 degrees today, it felt amazing!(: I didn't wear a coat, I felt the sun on my face, and had quite a lovely Sunday(: I went to church in my Ward for the first time, and it was really cool. So my ward is mostly Nigerians and Russians, and a couple English families thrown in haha but I had a lovely day(: So my talk went well, I do well speaking to people I don't know so I was pretty relaxed. And then my musical number went well too(: This ward doesn't really have people called to be in nursery, so I helped out and the little kids are so cute!! With cute British and African accents(: I'm so excited for the weeks to come. And I'm lucky enough to be here for this ward's temple week, so I'm going to do that, too(:
Did I mention it was sunny today? Oh it was so nice!(:

The cute little church building(: It's cool that there is an actual church building here for them to use, I've been in some areas where they meet at a member's house every week or in a one room building. This was the smallest official building I've been in, but I loved it(:

Okay, so our building is a good hour and fifteen minutes away from where we live, so we're on the tube for quite some time. But today we got on and we were literally the only ones in this carriage for a couple stops, which has never happened to me before...ever. Not in any city or form of subway-ish transportation. So that was pretty cool(: Also, by the time people did get on the Tube, really attractive British men came and sat by me, so I was still pretty satisfied(:

And I forgot to freak out about this yesterday, I finally found microwave popcorn! After weeks of searching, and look how cute the bag is! It's the Union Jack, how patriotic(: 

      So I have church at 1, so we left for that at 11:30 and got home around 5:30, just enough time to make some dinner before we had a guy come do a presentation for our group. So he was pretty old and was a kid when the Blitz was happening in London during WWII. It was actually really cool to learn about and hear his first hand experience. I already had a pretty good background knowledge, simply because I went to the War Rooms, and so his experience just really shed a whole lot of light onto life in the 1940s. It was cool though, and apparently the same guy is taking us on a country walk next Tuesday. So you guys have that blog to look forward to. Also, this week is travel week, so I'm gonna be doing a lot day trips to other places in England. So be on the lookout for way cooler posts than I have been posting lately(: But those won't start till Tuesday, tomorrow I have class. And now I'm tired again. Night fools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment