Friday, May 17, 2013

Cool Story Mate. Tell Me Again.

    Look who forgot to blog yesterday...this girl(: So today's post is going to cover yesterday and today, so it'll be a bit longer. Sorry if you hate reading long things(: But I've done some super cool stuff the past couple of days(: Including going to the Tower of London, which is probably my favorite place and thing to see in London. AH! I had a good day(: But I shall begin with yesterday So

Thursday May 16
Ah! The sun came out! Unfortunately it was gone by 2 in the afternoon, but it was there for a nice 6 hours(:

Today started with a journey to the Globe for a tour.

And here is the Globe(: Not the original, the original burnt down, then the second was closed when the Puritans took over. This one was built in 1997.

I'm just bonding with my new English friends(;

After the tour, we went to Borough market for lunch(:




This is super yummy home made spinach ravioli with fresh sauce and cheese. I was in heaven, but I say that about all food(;

hahaha so I thought this was hilarious! They actually say this here instead of "cool story bro," I was dying(: Kelsey is doing a lovely modeling of the shirt here(; 

So we walked around a bit and found this cute little record shop, and across the street...

comic books!!! :D And the geeky nerd emerges again(: It was fantastic.

After exploring, we went back to the Globe to see the Tempest. Which was phenomenal, even if we did have to stand for the entire play. It might have helped that Colin Morgan was in it! For those who are not aware of who that is, he is a British actor who plays Merlin in the British tele show called Merlin. He's also super talented and attractive so I was quite pleased(:



Friday May 17
Okay today began with the Tower, and these are the ruins of what once was a wall I believe, and it is where the exhibit starts. So the Tower has had a ton of exotic animals kept in it as pets to royalty, so they have these wire looking statues of all the different animals all over the place. The animals included: Lions, an elephant, a polar bear, baboons, snakes, tigers, an ostrich, dogs, and hyenas. Or those are all the ones I can remember(:

London Tower Bridge(: Not to be mistaken with the London Bridge, which is now somewhere in Arizona haha(:

So one of the many prisoners kept in the tower carved this into the wall during the many years he was kept in captivity. I believe his name was Henry Walpole and he was a priest...?

Oh you know, I'm just pro with a cross-bow, not that you should be surprised at all(;

These metal soldiers were all about representing some of the different stations that soldiers had when the tower was in use. Here I'm just comforting this poor guy who seems to have shot his own foot.

So this is a ledger, and the picture doesn't show just how big it was. It was roughly 3ish feet long, and 2ish feet tall (like where all the pages are). It was massive and I can't imagine anyone ever having to lift it, let alone carry it anywhere.

So the armour on the right was for a guy who was 6'8" and I don't have the height of the little one. But here is the tallest and shortest full sets of armour in the world. So yeah, that's pretty cool(:

So this is Keeper, and he is based on designs done by a 17th century artist. I just really liked him(:

So picture this, you did something to anger the king or you broke the law or whatever, and you get sentenced to death. This mask is what your executioner would wear. In all honesty, this is THE creepiest thing I have ever seen in my life. I would have died of a heart attack before they even had a chance to chop my head off.

The Crown Jewels are seriously breath taking, and my friend Janelle is breath taking in a different way hahaha(;

I am weird and my favorite room was the torture chamber(: This is the rack, where they would stretch out. It would have hurt, but knowing that it doesn't happen anymore just makes it cool and eery to think about.

So after the tower I walked around Hyde Park by myself for a bit and just took a breather. But to finish off my day my roomies and I went to the movies(:

And yes, we saw The Great Gatsby :D And I absolutely loved it! They did such a good job at making it a great movie and following the book pretty spot on(: And having a primary love for literature, I love when they follow the books(:

And this was the theatre we saw it in(: Freaking London's movie theatres are even classy!! Gotta love Europe(:

And bonus video(:

     Okay, that is a basic run down of my past couple days. Also, I've been listening to the Gatsby soundtrack while typing this up, and it's phenomenal. So you should go listen to it(: But it's surprising how tiring this whole travel thing can be. I thought my body would just get used to it, but it really hasn't. I'm going to bed earlier than I have in months! But I'm off to bed(:  Until tomorrow, night!


No comments:

Post a Comment