Monday, May 27, 2013

Power to the People! And Happy Birthday Dad(:

     First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! Today was my father's big 50 back in the states and I'm super upset that I missed it. It's weird though, because he still doesn't look or act old to me, I think in my mind my parents stopped aging once they hit 40 haha(: I also cannot find a single picture of me with him, but that's because my mom takes those so I don't have them on my laptop. But my dad is one of the greatest and smartest people I know and I am super blessed to have him as a father(: This picture was taken two years ago during our last foreign family trip to Rome. I love my dad, so if anyone who reads this knows him wish him a happy birthday(:

     Today was a very chill day, which will be good since I have the rest of the week filled pretty much to the brim. It was still a pretty good day though(: I woke up this morning super tired for some reason and struggled to stay awake during class, so I took a nap today which was nice(: And since it was chill, I wore a t-shirt and jeans and didn't wear make up today, I have no one to impress anyway. Plus, I love the freedom of not wearing make-up. I wish it wasn't expected of girls to do so, I freaking hate that stuff. But anyways, so after napping for 3 hours, I ventured off with Miranda and Krista(:

Just FYI, I took lots of video today(: Because I think it's fun, and it's also pretty awesome.


So we heard about a free concert in Trafalgar Square done by the LOS or London Orchestrate Symphony or something like that, so we headed over there, as said in the video, and it was super crowded. People here in London like free things just as much as Americans do(;

So it was really pretty music and I really liked it, but it was dumb because they had a free concert fenced off and stopped letting people in even though there was still room.

Also, there was this group of people who brought a full blown meal and cushions to sit on outside the fence haha the food they brought looked really good, too. Made me hungry(:

Power to the people! I started saying that when some of us started ripping the white tarp that prevented us from seeing down. Then I got a bunch of others saying it. This one guy behind me heard me then said, "Yeah! Power to the people, first the white tarp then the monarchy! People power!" Ha! I started a revolution. Haha not really, at least I hope not(: but it was really funny.

After standing outside the fence and listening to a couple songs, our hunger overtook us and we left to eat and Pret a Manger (which I learned is French for Ready to Eat, and that I've been saying it wrong my entire life). It's a yummy sandwich place that is decently priced for good food. I got all of the above for 5 pounds(: That's a steal people. It was also super tasty and satisfying(: 

    So after that, we headed back to the flat, but Miranda and Krista decided to go to Primark before it closed, so they left at the South Kensington station and I continued on to Gloucester (which is the nearest station to our flat). And this is where things got creepy. So I get to my stop and get out to wait for the bus. And I'm sitting there, and this man comes out of the station. I wasn't sure if he was drunk or not, but he was really freaking me out. He was smoking and had a drink in his hand (though it didn't look alcoholic) and growling, literally growling, profanities. What was really weird was that he was cleanly kept and looked like a respectable guy. So I'm waiting for the bus, and the bus is taking forever. And this guy keeps looking over at me, making me extremely uncomfortable. Then he starts to slowly make his way towards me, too. I then got pretty scared, even though there were other people around. So I said a quick, silent prayer and lo and behold, the bus pulled up and I got out of there quicker than...well anything. That is why I do not like going places alone in the city, but it's also nice to know that the Lord is looking out for me(: 

     Well I got home safe and sound and attempted to exercise when Miranda and Krista came back. Then we decided to watch Psycho (yeah, as if I needed anymore creepiness in my day). So I've never seen it before, which is weird because I've seen pretty much every other Hitchcock film, and I absolutely loved it. It is pure genius(: So watch it if you haven't already seen it. Well, that was my pretty lazy and uneventful day. I plan on doing a little more tomorrow, but not much more because I really need to do laundry. And apparently that takes a long time here. But it is now almost 1:30 in the morning, so peace out y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment