Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Midsummer Night

     Today was another loner day for me. I just went off on my own and explored. This morning though I did some domestic things. You know, cleaned my room, did some dishes, went grocery shopping, and made food instead of going out to eat(: So on to the details of the day.

First off, London's bipolarity has not ceased and today was the complete opposite of yesterday. Bright, sunny, and even slightly warmish(: 

This says Partridges London (just so you know). This is where I went grocery shopping today because it has American products! I was in great need of bbq sauce and ranch, which they don't seem to have anywhere else.

Afterwards I just ventured and decided to take the bus(: On my journey we stopped at a light right next to this lovely place(: I have no idea what car that is but it was very pretty and spinning on the floor thing, so I assume it's really nice(:

Also, I was on an older model bus today, the hop-on-hop-off ones. I guess that didn't really help. But it's one of the original, older looking, classic double-decker buses(: 

Cool statue/monument thing that I passed. Not sure what it was, but I liked it(:

This is what I was trying to explain, this is the bus I rode around on for about an hour. 

So walking through Trafalgar square (and really everywhere else in this city today) I came across a whole bunch of football (soccer) fans. Which I finally figured out where Germany fans. I know this from the fact that mostly all of them were speaking German, pretty obvious after that(;

I really enjoyed walking through them all while they sang, chanted, played instruments and such(:

Cool church that I came across.

So this is the inside of the National Portrait Gallery, which doesn't let you take pictures but I broke the rules and took a picture of this entry way that I liked. But this place was really cool(: And I like going to museums alone because I can go at whatever pace I want to. Some of the cool things I saw here included: the only portrait of Shakespeare painted from him posing during his life, original paintings of Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, a bunch of kings, Charles Darwin, George Washington, and a bunch of really cool busts and statues. I kind of felt like I was walking through Darcy's house at Pemberly(: 

So there was also a modern art portrait section. So I couldn't take a picture of the actual thing, but just read this. There was a frozen/statue looking head in this glass case, and it was red but somewhat clear looking. I was really confused, and then I read this. Then I was no longer confused, but pretty grossed out. Like what the heck? Who makes a frozen bust of their head made from their blood?

And this is the entrance(:

I just really liked today, it was a good day to just explore on my own(: Funny story, after I was done exploring, I went to Burger King for dinner because I wanted something cheap and fast. I also found Diet Dr. Pepper here (hallelujah!) but that isn't the funny story. So I asked for the chicken nugget meal, and the guy at the register gave me the meal for the entree only price(: I didn't even employ my feminine charm, he just did it. I even said after he gave me the price, "Oh, I want the meal." And he said in his little accent, "I know." And smiled at me and gave me my change. Looks like I can attract men on random, rare occasions(: It just made my day better haha(:

So then I headed over to The Globe Theatre for a play, and while walking across the Millennium Footbridge, I saw these guys making these giant bubbles, so I snapped a quick pic(:

This is the stage for A Midsummer Night's Dream, which I got to see tonight(: It is my favorite Shakespeare play, so I was super excited to see it and I am happy to say that I absolutely loved it and that it was fantastic(:

Awkward selfie status! But this is where I stood, I'm leaning on the stage. I was right in the front(: For those who don't know the story line of this play, sparknote it(; But I was dying of laughter, my abs were killing me by the end. It was so good and the actors were absolutely perfect! It was also pretty cool because I did this play in 9th grade, and so I couldn't help but recall and compare this performance with my friends who acted in it with me. Made me quite nostalgic but it was really nice(:

So this is what I saw as I walked out of the Globe after the play. The Millenium bridge on the Thames with St. Paul's in the background. Absolutely stunning. I love this city(:

So by the time we were heading home after the play, the football game was over, too. So all of the fans were on their way home to hotels or wherever. They were also very drunk and held up their cups of beer and were extremely loud and rude. Was funny earlier, but now it was just getting obnoxious. This video isn't the best quality, but you can get the idea.

    So that was my day(: It was nice and enjoyable. But I need to finish this up because I get to speak AND sing tomorrow in church (notice my wording there, I'm being a postie thinker). My first day in the ward too, what a way to introduce myself to them haha...ha. And I haven't written my talk yet...so I should probably do that. Well, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Bye all.

No comments:

Post a Comment