Sunday, May 12, 2013

Camden Market

       Okay!! I'm going to go a bit out of order and talk about today first. So I woke up feeling awful with one of my eyes sealed shut. Yeah, super nast. I just have a gnarly cold that somehow managed to get into my eye as well. It's just awesome (heavy sarcasm here my friends). But anyway, I have pretty much slept all day, didn't go to church or really leave my room for that matter. I'll tell you all about foreign church next Sunday though(: I'm procrastinating writing a paper right now to blog, but I'll write it after. It's an analysis on King Lear, it shouldn't be hard.
       Anyway, yesterday was quite fun(: I wasn't sick and we went marketing and to a play. Again, I shall tell my experience through pictures, for as they say, a picture says a thousand words or something like that.
Welcome to Camden Market! Or what I like to call Camden Maze! My roomies and I got quite lost in the large area of clothing and accessory shops. We got separated a few times too, which was somewhat scary without a cell phone, but we found each other again and continued up the road.

So further along the street were all sorts of cool stores and buildings. The pictures really don't do the buildings justice, but they were all pretty unique with their design. I wish more stores in the US did their design this way. 

The place was super crowded despite the rainy and cold weather, but it was really fun anyway. 

So Camden Market slowly turned into this, which was mostly food. And everything smelled amazing!! Plus it just kept going and going, a never ending journey of food and clothes. 

These donuts are the best thing I've ever tasted. Hand made right in front of you and then you eat them warm and fresh. Ah! I was in heaven. They were super cheap too, 4 for 2 pounds. 

We had quite a nice day marketing(:

So this was happening outside the tube station. It's not really a rare occurrence, street performers are everywhere. But this guy was super talented(: I wish I could beat-box, but unfortunately I cannot. So enjoy what this guy can do instead(:

Camden Town station(:

Okay so this was the theater we went and saw The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It was really old and really pretty(:

Okay, so I was pleasantly surprised with this play. It is about a boy with asperger's and his broken life and challenges with coping with it all. The stage was like a giant grid and the way the director had the actors move and the scenery change gave the illusion of how one with asperger's would see things. It was absolutely phenomenal. And the actor playing Christopher (the boy) was probably one of the greatest actors I have ever seen. His acting was so phenomenal I actually found myself questioning whether or not he was acting. I was completely absorbed in the story. It was definitely a dark comedy story, and it definitely is not for everyone. There was also some foul language, but despite it all I really liked it. 

    Well I should really write my paper now and then sleep off the rest of this infernal cold. But I am really enjoying my time here(: And I can't wait for the future adventures to come(: But until then, cheers!

1 comment: