Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mind The Gap

So before I delve into all the details on my day, I have to freak out about some news. My best friend got her mission call!!! For the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints(: Or Mormon Church as many know it as. She's going to the Riverside, California mission(: I'm super stoked for her, and I'm glad she won't be too far away(: I'm still gonna miss her like crazy haha but she's doing a good thing(:

      So, after that outburst. I'm posting again, 3 days in a row! Yeah, I might as well just post everyday, I get excited about sharing. Plus it'll make my mom feel involved(; So today was fantastic, it was pretty rainy and cold, but a good day none-the-less(:
I feel like when many people think of London, they think of "Mind the Gap" and I can understand why. When riding the tube (which I'm super pro at now), they remind you WAY more than necessary. But at least they care about our safety(:

So we to Middle Temple Hall today, which has been around pretty much forever. Since the 1400s if I remember correctly. This is what the entrance to the area looks like, super intricate architecture, I love it(:

Temple fountain, and they had Charles Dickens poem posted on it, and it's beautiful.

So this is Temple Hall, and I instantly thought of the Great Hall from Harry Potter haha(: I'm the biggest nerd, I know, I don't care. But people like Elizabeth I, Henry VIII, and William Shakespeare have dined in this hall, at the very tables! Yeah, it's all really old. 

So we went to this cathedral that is designed or based on some temple in Jerusalem, sorry I can't remember which one. It was pretty though, there were dead people buried all over the place. Pretty cool I guess(; We enjoyed it.

I am on Millennium Bridge in this picture, the bridge that the Dementors destroy in HP in case you were wondering. Oh, my nerd is showing again, sorry(; The Thames looks really pretty from a distance, though up close it is brown and gross haha right off screen is The Globe theatre. 

And here is that picture that was off screen, that white building with the thatched roof is The Globe theatre(: And that tall spike building is apparently the tallest building in England. Who knew(:

This was a fail, but it's cool. I still really like the picture(: That is Saint Paul's Cathedral behind us there.

 It rained for the first time today, I was glad I had my umbrella(:

We also went to Borough market today, which is pretty much just food. All being made there and it's all smells super good and tastes even better! This was where I got the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had. It was so good! Ah, I just London(:

     So other than that, I went and saw Othello tonight. It was in this hole-in-the-wall theatre called the Lion and Unicorn. I was actually pretty dang good, and the cast was perfect! It was a small little theatre though, with the audience only being able to hold maybe 40 people tops. It was fun though(: Today was great, and I'm excited for whatever I end up doing tomorrow(: But until then, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment