Monday, May 13, 2013

My Friend Dobby

   And another good day in the UK(: Today was loads of fun and very busy. I was out all day. From 8:30 this morning until about 11 at night. I thought I was going to fall asleep on the tube on the way home haha but I didn't! Though now I think I may pass out any minute now. I just knew that if I slacked off on this blogging thing I would just fall behind and I didn't want that to happen. So I'm going to tell you my adventures first(:

So after class my roommates and I went to get tickets for the play Once, then went to the British Library. In this building (which didn't allow pictures...little punks), I had a total English Major melt-down. I saw the manuscript for Beowulf, Shakespeare's original scripts, Jane Austen's notes and hand written books, the Beatles lyrics scribbled on note pad paper, etc. A dream for a little English nerd like me(: After panicking a little about it, I calmed down and just enjoyed reading the stuff. It also had the Magna Carta, a bunch of hand translated bibles and other really old stuff. I was pretty cool(:

So this was in the Library too...not sure why. They had this exhibit on propaganda throughout history, but this was in the gift shop. I liked it, took a picture. Not really much of a story here.

Again, my nerdy literary self really liked the name of this cute cafe outside the library. I'm going to start one in the US.

This is a hotel...and this is barely a piece of the building. It is massive!! It's the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel and it used to be a train station and it's really old and really pretty. It's also really classy and high class and you aren't even allowed on the grounds unless you are staying there. It's whatever.

King's Cross Station...my nerd is going to be showing again in a minute guys. If you are a nerd like me, you will understand why King's Cross has substantial meaning(: (cough cough...Harry Potter...cough cough).

And here it is! I'm ditching this muggle world, I'm off to study magic!! I was way more excited to take this picture than I should have been haha(: Yes I'm in Gryffindor, and yes, there was a person there providing different house scarves for people to wear in their pictures. It was cool(:

That person that looks just like Dobby was the lady handing out scarves. It's an odd coincidence that she looks like Dobby, though it's pretty awesome(:

So this store looked like it came right out of Diagon Alley. And I loved it, again probably more than I should have(: It was like stepping into the world of HP. Luckily my roomies are big nerds like me(: 

Wands...wands everywhere! It was like a mini Olivander's shop(:

We rode the buses around for a while again today and just enjoyed looking at the city(: It's just so pretty!!

So before we went to the play, we went and ate at this cute Italian place called Made In Italy. I may be in London, but this was true Italian food.

I'm going to become one of those lame hipsters for a moment and take pictures of my food, but it was so amazingly good and authentic! I'm still full, but I love it! 

Real Italian pizza. It's worth killing for, not that I did, but I would.

Once! A romantic-comedy musical(:

\
Okay, so the story kind of totally sucked because it didn't really exist, but the music was phenomenal!! The lead was an Irishman who had the voice of an angel and could play the guitar. He was also super attractive so I pretty much fell in love. But it's cool, I'll never see him again. But yeah, it was fantastic in the music sense(: The actors played all of the music themselves while singing, I just really wish they had worked harder on the story and character development. But I guess that's just the author in me wishing. 

       Well that was my day, and it was surprisingly tiring but also fun(: But my eyes are seriously burning and are becoming very difficult to keep open. And I have another long day tomorrow, so until my next post, cheers!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment