Friday, May 24, 2013

This Isn't My Cup of Tea...or Is It

    And another bipolar day in London! Well, today was actually pretty consistent. But it was random after the sun yesterday, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Well, today was quite lovely despite the constant downpour of rain(: I still had some fun adventures and had quite the British experience. I'll just have you all know, that trying to do school and live in London at the same time is hard. I do not want to do my homework or go to my classes. Yeah I know I have no room to complain, but it seriously tests my self-control. So does all the yummy food, I am being a real adult here(;

Yeah, I'm starting you guys out with a video today, look at me go! St. Paul's Cathedral everyone(:

So you can just take the time to read this instead of my total bull explanation that I would've come up with about the place(: 

So St. Paul's Cathedral is a big place, one of the biggest churches I've been in. In this picture I am at the Stone Gallery, which is 376 steps up. Yeah, I did a lot of stairs today. Also, I don't expect you to know what the Stone Gallery is, it's explained in another picture, I got your back(;

Anyway, so after the stone Gallery, we continued to the Gold Gallery, which is at the top (also explained in the next picture). It was scary as heck and you should all be proud that I did not have a panic attack. Because it easily could have happened with how freaky and old the stairs were in this place. Plus there was one section that was really narrow with no railing and the ceiling was low, and my anxiety did not do well. But it was really awesome once we got up there(:

Here is that explanatory picture I mentioned(:

And BOOM! A better view than even the London Eye offered us. This was 528 steps up. So I did a total of 1,056 stairs today in this building alone. My legs look freakin' awesome, I'll have you know(;

Unfortunately, as I mentioned at the beginning of my post, it was rainy. And super windy. So being up there was still kinda scary and pretty miserable. 

Hey look! Another video! I went all out today(: I'm involving you in all of the action. I also realize I keep referring to the second person, I'm not sure who this "you" being is that I'm referring to. I know is sounds familiar like I know who is reading this, when I really don't. That was random, I don't care(:


I was at the top of this. Cathedral conquered...by justice apparently (referring to my pose).


So after that, we did tea. Yeah, afternoon tea in the most British, authentic way.

This is sideways for some reason, oh well. Tilt your head and hope no one looks at you weird(: We went to The Orangery at Kensington Palace which reminded me a lot of the restaurant that Ferris Bueller went to on his day off. If you are unaware of that reference, then I am terribly sorry.
See? Just look at this place! Screams super fancy and Chez Quis (the restaurant in Ferris Bueller).



Look at all the yummy scones and finger sandwiches! This seriously made me so happy, and the tea was really good. I'm gonna go into more detail, don't you worry(:

Also, look how legit their sugar is. It isn't processed, and they offer pure sugar cane. I love Europe.

Pinkies up! Like a classy boss(; P.S. I really liked the tea cups and in general I was like a giddy school girl the entire time. I loved it!

So we tried 4 different teas. This is a black tea that was just called afternoon tea. It needed quite a bit of sugar, and I normally don't add sugar to my tea.

This was lemon and ginger. It was good for a lemon flavored thing(: Those who know me well know I don't like lemon flavored things.

This was wild berry. Or as I like to call, hot cool-aid. Cause that's what it tasted like haha(: I started quoting Julian Smith, it kind of threw off the whole classy Victorian era tea thing, but we had a good laugh(:

This was my favorite(: Camomile and lavender, also known as heaven in a cup. I had 8 cups of tea total, and  half of them were of this. It was divine(: But I am a tea drinker, so I guess you have to have a taste for it(:

And another video(: Look at me go today folks(:

Also, I really liked the bathroom signs that are in Kensington Palace(:

And since it was pouring rain, we ran around in it in the gardens for a while, had some fun with it(: 

It was quite wet and cold haha(: But we had tons of fun, and today was good(:

     So that was my day(: Since it was wet and cold, I just read in my room and did some homework after everything else. Yeah, I can be super boring and nerdy sometimes. But I brought my Percy Jackson books with me, so I'm still a happy camper in the flat(: Plus I drank some more tea while reading, I cuddled under a blanket, it was pleasant(: But everything I do exhausts me, so I'm pretty much falling asleep with my eyes open. Is that a phrase? It is now. Goodbye all.



No comments:

Post a Comment