Thursday, June 13, 2013

"Then we got these to replace the small boys"

    Another long day on our journey back to London. We made quite a few stops continuing the Shakespeare theme. Lot's of fun though(: I posted a lot more pictures today and quite a few videos(: We saw a lot of animals today as well, in which all of us were like: 
So without any further ado, I shall begin. I won't explain every picture, but they don't all need explanations. Just go with it(:

Anne Hathaway's Cottage(: The house of Shakespeare's wife and her family line.

So there was pretty much only one way to go, yet there was still a sign. So that's my "you don't say" face.

We named him Lemur because of his tail(: He was so cute! I miss my kitty.



So to explain the quote that is the title of my post, the lady giving us the tour of the Cottage was talking about chores that would be given around the house, and they would use the small boys to spin the spit in front of the fire place until a contraption was invented to take over the job.

These next few pictures pretty much epitomize who we are. I love my friends(:




This is the singing tree. So I sat down, thinking "Aw, it's singing to me." When suddenly a creepy, whispering voice said, "Come hither." And Cali caught my reaction to it on camera haha(:


E'ryday I'm videoing.

Next was Mary Arden's farm, which was where Shakespeare's mother lived and grew up. So Shakespeare would have come here to visit his grandparents while growing up.


It's a "working" farm, so they pretty much dress up and do everything how they would have in the late 1600s. It reminded me of Plymouth Plantation, which nobody will understand unless they're from the Boston area.

Dried frog in the window to ward off witches(:



"Silver Wings, protect the sword!!" It's Aiden!! From Quest for Camelot, also known as my favorite childhood movie(:


Lola paid to hold the owl, I didn't want to pay but I got her experience(:


Look at this pig!! It was so big and gross!!! Blech!


I like fields of yellow flowers, and Krista likes taking lots of pictures(:





I fed it, it's tongue felt like sand paper.


There was a playground with a giant rope swing, so naturally we all got on and took a video while our professor's daughter pushed us(: We didn't ask her to, she insisted. I promise we don't actually condone child labor.

"Woah bro, back up." I didn't actually say that, but Krista likes taking a GAZILLION pictures when I ask her to take one. Oh yeah, this is Blenheim Palace. Also, SUPER attractive British man sold us our tickets. He was the "gate guardian" as Krista likes to call him. Anyway, Cali took a super creepy, stalker picture of him, and he totally saw her doing it so he smiled for it haha then we ran away. We are so mature, I know right?







They have busts of everyone, oh my. Like really, I feel like to be a real person in this world I need a bust of my own head.


It is my dream to have a library like this in my house, has been ever since I was a little girl. So this is me fangirling awkward selfie style(:

"Pull the lever Kronk!...wrong lever!!!!!"


So there was a history tour/ride thing that told the "untold" stories of the palace, and it reminded  me of a ride at Disneyland. Oh yeah, I want to go to Disneyland.



Wishing well!!(:


This picture is really weird quality, but this is my older sister's college roommate Jordan. It's a small world and she's staying in the flat above mine! So it was cool to chat with her for a bit(:

    So that was my day! We then arrived back in London and it was weird because it felt like coming home. The streets and the flat just feel so familiar now. This place will always have a place in my heart(: I finished my day with a private jam sesh (because all of my flatmates had gone to a show), some Merlin, Tangled, and Skyping my two best friends(: Good, strong finish to my long day. My program ends in exactly a week, however I will be in Europe until July 15th. So my adventure is far from over!(: However I shall continue my journey with my family instead of the fantastic friends I have made on this trip. I'm not going to dwell on that though, because a lot can still happen in a week's time(: Anyway, it's getting late. And I have another long day tomorrow! So until then, cheers(:

No comments:

Post a Comment