Today was really good(: There was a lot to do so it was a busy day but I like to stay busy and needed the distraction really(: So I took a lot of pictures just because the nature walk we did included a lot of pretty stuff!! So there are quite a few pictures haha but I won't write a lot. Oh, and more videos! WOO! Those are always fun and embarrassing for me(: Also, we walked 8 miles just for the actual walk/hike. Not including all the walking we have to do in the city. Luckily today was sunny and quite lovely(:
So we first had to take a train out to Kent, and it was a fun hour long trip with these lovely ladies(:
We take video to fill our time.
Our first stop was Eynsfield castle where we also ate lunch(: It was built in the 11th or 12th century, and it's now just ruins. But still pretty old stuff(:
I'm a freak.
I have cool friends(:
So we saw a truck drive through this instead of using the raised road.
And then brave people decided to walk through it, but it got deeper than they expected so I'm glad I didn't join them here haha(:
Though after we got in and walked in the water for a while(: The water was cold and the bottom was sharp rocks, but it was pretty fun(:
Seriously though, we felt like Hobbits and go ahead and judge me for my nerdiness, I don't care(: The entire time we were "adventuring" we were humming either Lord of the Rings music, or Pride and Prejudice, or The Sound of Music.
This is my Tangled hair(: That my friend Jenna so lovingly decided to do haha(:
"I got this feeling on a summer day when you were gone."
We found another random castle.
Near the end of our walk there was this super cute little shop that had this all-natural, authentic ginger beer. And it was so good! The only soda I have every really liked is Ginger Ale and Dr. Pepper. So ginger beer is like glorified ginger ale. AH! My dad would've loved it(:
At the end of the walk was this church and we all went inside and sat down. There was a piano, so we decided to sing some hymns(: It was actually really nice and the spirit was pretty strong. I love these old chapels and it strengthened my testimony of the Lord and how he is absolutely everywhere(:
After a long day of hiking, we needed burgers. So that is what we got(: Some good ol' American food!
Also, found these. They're "tube" socks, get it? Ahahahaha I thought it was so funny, I love puns(:
So my night finished with cookies, Hannibal and Dr. Pepper shots haha. So Miranda and Krista got me hooked on this new show called Hannibal and they made this drinking game (of course not with alcoholic drinks) to go with the show. It made us feel a little more like regular college students, but it was mostly just funny to see how often certain things happen in the show. We're pretty weird, but we have lots of fun(:
Well I have class again tomorrow. And I'm tired and had a long day and my mind and body are exhausted. Tomorrow could be interesting, I'm not sure yet. but I'll let you know tomorrow(: Until then, peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment