Thursday June 20, 2013
Said goodbye to my home of 7 weeks. It was really weird leaving actually. Especially because everyone else was leaving for the States, while I was just changing locations in London. It was bittersweet, but I wasn't actually sad because my adventure isn't over yet(: If anything I was a little envious of everyone going back home.
So the new place I'm staying in is a college dorm building, and when I entered this room I thought I was back in my freshman dorm. It screams college(: However, it is a dorm experience. I share a bathroom with the entire floor, and it's mixed. So I feel like Amanda Bynes in She's The Man, because to shower I pretty much sneak around and make sure that nobody else is around. This is why I didn't do dorm style living my freshman year haha(:
So this beautiful building is now my neighbor. It's the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel. It's so pretty!! <3
So...I didn't have Internet until like...15 minutes ago. So I went and bought french fries from this Burger King just so I could mooch their Internet for a while haha(: I ate them really slowly.
Then I was so bored, lonely, and disconnected that I went and hung out with one of my friends who's flights hadn't left yet at the airport. I felt pretty pathetic but I didn't care!
Okay, so I stayed at the airport a bit too long, because when I got back on the tube to get back into the city, it stopped like 13 stops from mine because the tubes were just done running for the day. So I was stranded on the edge of the city at like 12:30 in the morning. I finally figured out a bus route to get me home, and it was super creepy because I was the only one on the bus. It was cool to see the city at night(: I didn't get to the dorm until almost 2 in the morning, which was super exciting. It was the scariest night of my life and I'll never EVER do that again.
So since I still didn't have Internet today, I woke up at 8 to get breakfast and then went back to sleep until like 11. I didn't know what to do with my time!! The city isn't as fun on your own, plus I've pretty much been everywhere already. I did leave though, and I went WiFi hopping. This was a Vine I made while sitting at a free WiFi zone near Millennium Bridge.
Literal locks of love(: You put your name and the one you love on the lock and lock it to the bridge and it's supposed to be good luck for your relationship or something.
So on my way back after WiFi hopping, it started pouring rain so hard! It was so random and our of the blue! And since it had previously been a nice day, I was in shorts and sandals. I got so wet. Which meant when I got back to the dorm, I had to sneakily take a shower haha. Oh, these days have been super exciting! Well I finally complained to the front desk and they gave me a cord so I have Internet now(: So I'll probably spend the rest of the night watching Merlin and maybe skyping my friends and family. Anything to help fill the time(: Let's just say I've been playing a lot of Solitaire and Unblock me. Well, I doubt anything exciting will happen tomorrow. And from here on out, I'm not sure when I'll have Internet during my adventure. My family is in London a couple days, then we go to France, and after that we board a cruise for Northern Europe. If I can get on I will, and I'll post all about it(: Well, that's about it. Until I have time again, see you all later, cheers!(:
No comments:
Post a Comment