Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Palace Life is the Life For Me

     So double-post again today! Haha...sorry I'm getting lazy(: Yesterday wasn't super exciting though, so it won't be long. I went and saw some really cool stuff today though(: So without further ado...

Wednesday June 5, 2013
So other than class and writing a bunch of papers (gotta love that school work), we went and did a back-stage tour of the National Theatre. We got to walk across this really cool bridge to get there, and I love the views you get from the bridges over the Thames(:


So we couldn't take pictures of anything inside, but for the most part it was pretty fun(: They do a total of I think they said 26 shows a year, which is a lot if you know how these theatres tend to work. 

However not everything was super interesting, so we were unfortunately pretty bored for part of it. Plus it lasted longer than planned. Oh well, it was a good experience(:

It was in a really pretty area of London, too, called Southbank.


Oh, and then I found this.

If anything, this was the only not so pretty part of this area haha but I thought it was pretty cool(: It's the only skate-park place I've seen since being in England.

Thursday June 6, 2013
Okay so firstly, I found this dude at Waterloo Station with a parrot on his shoulder. How awesome is that! We started calling him Pirate man...though he doesn't look like a pirate other than the parrot haha(:

We got on a train to Hampton Court today to see Hampton Court Palace, which was built for Henry VIII and is where him and his 6 different wives lived haha(:

Another video, because you should all know by now that I'm obsessed with filming even though I'm awful at it(:


My friend Siera is super cute. 

Whereas I am just so weird! Don't take me seriously. Seriously, don't. Because I never do(:

Oh, would you look at that. I can look normal, too(:

So we pretty much just explored this 17th century castle that still had everything set the way it was in the 1600s. Including this massive fire! It made the whole place smell like campfire and I loved it(:


And then there were giant barrels in the wine cellar, and I couldn't resist(;





I loved the gardens, and I kind of just ranted for a bit in them. I apologize if I make little sense.


So they have the oldest tennis court in history at this palace. So it was fun to see those even though I don't play tennis anymore(:

There was also a maze in the gardens, and in case you can't tell my the disgusting face I am making, this is my Harry Potter 4 picture, of the maze eating me(:



So...I'm now obsessed with the TV show called Hannibal. So if you aren't familiar with this show then you won't understand this picture. But if you are, then you're probably laughing right now(:

I put my peasants in their place! Let's be honest though, I'm too much of a pushover to be good at ruling anything.



My dream is to live in a palace like this, has been since I was a little girl. I've always loved fantasy novels about Old England. Exploring all of the castles I've had the chance to visit has been a dream come true(:

And also, as weird as this may sound, this is my new favorite snack. Peanut-butter and lemon curd on bread. Lemon curd is pretty much lemon jam, which I thought sounded super gross at first. But then I tried it, and it's amazing. So not all English food is gross(;

    So that was my day! And yesterday. I've been here so long and I've done so much that my days won't be as long anymore probably. Also I'm running out of money, which makes my options diminish pretty quick(; I still just enjoy being in this country though, and with the weather finally signifying that summer is here I go on walks a lot(: And I'll go read in the park in the sun. It's heaven. But that is pretty much it...yeah I have nothing else to tell you guys. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Peace(:


No comments:

Post a Comment