Today is another double day post. Miranda, Krista and I did a Hannibal marathon last night so I forgot to blog haha(: So I'll start with Saturday and then briefly talk about today. Not much happened.
Saturday June 1, 2013
So it was market day!! And while walking around trying to find Borough Market (yeah, I know I've been there multiple times now) I found this nifty sign. So a couple Sundays ago when that WWII guy came and talked to us, this is one of the things he talked about. They used the Underground and air raid shelters, and this sign is still up from the Blitz. I thought it was pretty cool(:
So, this is Cafe Brood which is where I got food.
It was super, duper tasty(: It was this marinated chicken with all sorts of other stuff thrown in there and then put into a wrap. It was bursting with flavor, and it was worth it(:
On our way out we got amonde croissants, which are the best bready desert. And Borough has the best ones. So tasty!! I love food(:
We then went to Portobello Road and market, which was super crowded. It was also really long, I didn't expect it to have so much. But it was lovely and I found the stuff I was looking for(: I got my mom something nice for her birthday that is coming up, and I got myself and cool teacup/pot duo(:
So after our two markets, we went home and I took a nap and watched some Office episodes. It's been a long week, we needed the slower day(: But we then headed to get some Fro-yo with Krista(: And on the way we encountered this guy.
Snog, if you know what I mean(; Hahaha no, it's the name of the frozen yogurt place. What a funny name though, right? Also, if you are unaware, snogging is British slang for kissing.
We felt like we had walked into the Internet, this place was cray.
So their fro-yo is all natural and so it tastes kind of bitter because it doesn't use sugar or anything. But that also makes it a lot healthier so I didn't feel guilty about eating it(: And I actually liked it a lot. I normally can't eat a lot of ice-creamy kind of things because they are too sweet for me (and it makes me sick haha). But this was perfect(: Plus I love raspberries! If my blog title didn't give that away(;
Just me snogging(;
Krista thinks she is funny, well so did we haha(: It is healthy and natural guys.
So after snogging, we went back to the flat and watched 5 episodes of Hannibal in a row. They're trying to get me caught up haha. That show is crazy by the way! Super legit though(: But yeah, we then went to bed. So it was a fun if not slower day(:
Sunday June 2, 2013
So today I slept in really late, which was lovely, and then woke up and got ready for church(: Fast and testimony meeting was really cool in my ward by the way. Since it is pretty much made up of a bunch of people from different African countries there were a lot of different accents and stories and all sorts of fun stuff. I really enjoyed it(: So after that I came back to the flat and my entire Study Abroad group got together and we all told a cool story about what we did during travel week. This one girl got proposed to on the train (I can't remember what country she was in) by some guy from Libya, pretty crazy stuff! I'm glad I stayed in England haha(: But tomorrow I go back to class and having scheduled things to do. So yeah, my life will not get any less busy. I am going to want to do absolutely nothing when I get back to the states. Oh boy, well goodnight(:
Oh, bonus video!! So apparently Miranda filmed my touching the water experience in Brighton. And this is it.
No comments:
Post a Comment