Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Guys I Want A Castle"

     Okay, today was so busy! Filled with fun though(: I took 124 pictures today, and I got it down to 28 or something for this post. So yeah, be proud of me! I'm trying to not bore you with things that only interest me haha(: I did some awesome stuff though, so let's go.

Our journey began early (6 am) with a long bus ride into the country. Reminded me a lot of heading to Cali when I was in Dixie Children's Choir(:

Our first stop was a cathedral that was bombed during WWII.





This may have been the creepiest thing ever.




Next was Kenilworth Castle(: It's pretty much just ruins now, but we explored every part of it. Including some places we probably weren't supposed to go by scaling the walls and such haha(:








"Man I could get used to a view like this...yep. I'm used to it."

People must have been REALLY small in Medieval times.



So after Kenilworth we went to Warwick, which had a Merlin interactive experience!:D Anyway, this place was awesome, and it really gives you the feel of how an actual Medieval castle would have worked.


The guy talking about the trebuchet (probably spelled that wrong) was really funny and redundant. 



This place is what I imagine when I think of the word "castle."



"Wait, we have that movie?!" The Black Cauldron!! (;


So I went to both falconry shows that they did during the day, and I loved them both tremendously. I want to be a falconer!


They kept bears in here.

So during the interactive Merlin experience, the Dragon picked specific people out of the group and I was one of them. Apparently I am a hidden princess and my beauty will live on through the ages and I will have many suitors chasing after me(; Oh, what a kind dragon.

The owl was my favorite.


So after Warwick, we finally arrived in Stratford-upon-Avon and checked into our B&B's. Ivy and I were super hungry from our long day, so we went to find a place to eat pretty quick, and we found this super tasty Bangladesh and Indian place called Usha. This was my meal and it was scrumptious!(:

After dinner we headed over to the RSC (Royal Shakespeare Company) Theatre where we saw As You Like It. IT WAS SO GOOD! In all honesty, I fell in love with this play. It was a modern version but with the original Shakespeare script. The acting was perfection, the set was simple yet extravagant at the same time, and the play itself was just amazing. One of my favorite performances of all time. I am so excited to see Hamlet at the same place tomorrow night(:

    So that was a very watered-down explanation of my day. It was long, but I really enjoyed it(: It makes me really excited to see how tomorrow goes! But this day has made me super tired, and busy day starts for me in 6 hours. So I am going to bed. Goodnight(:

No comments:

Post a Comment