Monday, June 10, 2013

I Am a Human Tree

     Yeah...another two day post. I'm sorry, I really am. I promise though, I'm going to get back on top of this. Starting tomorrow...well depending if we have internet in Stratford or not. I am hoping we do because I really don't want to have to fit this whole upcoming week into one post. That would be long to read, and really long for me to type. So let's pray for internet folks(:

Sunday June 9, 2013
So I went to the singles ward that met a lot closer to my flat, which meant I didn't have to spend money to get here(: This is also the building where we have our classes. 


Also, this is just around the corner from the church building. Yeah....they're so pretty!!!

Also, I have nice roommates who bring me fro-yo when they know I've been freaking out lately(:

It was a Sunday, I don't do much on Sundays because it's the Sabbath and I use it to rest and just chill. So that was really all I did. Not too exciting.

Monday June 10, 2013
"Feed the squirrels, tuppins a bag!" Yeah I know those aren't the words.

Today we had classes, our last classes!! WOO! And then (since I'm trying to not spend money), Krista, Cali and I ventured further into Hyde Park than I've gone before(: Where we met Freddie. And we fed him(: And he climbed up my leg! He came even higher, but we didn't get that on camera unfortunately.




We then found a river/lake thing that had lots of ducks and swans(:

And we found the Peter Pan statue!


AND BABY SWANS!!! :D

Video time(:

They're such a cute lil family!! The babies are just so cute! Also, Krista sat down and somehow managed to pet one of the babies without getting her hand pecked off, but in doing so she sat in bird poop. So that was pretty funny hahaha(: She said it was worth it though, because the baby swan was the softest thing she's ever felt. I wasn't willing to sit on the nasty ground.

Then in the corner of the park we found this fountain area, which reminded me of Rome or Roman baths for some reason.



So this statue is called "The Living Energy Statue." It's a naked man riding a horse. That would be so uncomfortable, oh my gosh. But cool, it's energy and all that. I'm saluting said naked man in this shot.

And I'm mimicking the horse in this one. Don't judge me(;

And then this grove of trees reminded us of Slenderman. Yeah, think about this stretch at night, no lights, just a flash light. I could imagine Slender popping out behind one of those trees!

\
I can't believe I got this shot!! Krista got this cute little bird to land in her hand and eat the bread crumbs. I started singing that song from Beauty and the Beast afterwards, because it reminded me of that scene with them feeding the birds(:

     So my past two days haven't been super eventful, I wrote two papers after our park adventure. But the rest of this week will be more filled and exciting(: So look forward to more eventful posts. I need to wake up at 6 am tomorrow (kill me) so I'm going to sleep. Night everyone(:

No comments:

Post a Comment