This post is long overdue, seeing as how we announced it back in December, but we are welcoming another little girl to our family on June 10 (one of the benefits of scheduled c-sections, knowing exactly when baby is coming). I think Santa fail photos are hilarious and cute, so that was how we announced the new addition back around Christmas.
We couldn't be more excited, and honestly the timing is perfect. Not only is Olivia obsessed with babies, but she also loves playing with other kids, bigger and smaller than she is. She doesn't like to be alone and really wasn't meant to be an only child. It's also perfect that Derek will be out of school from May until September this time, because having Olivia in the middle of one of his semester's was a little tough.
Our two girls will be 20 months apart, and I'm so excited. I have no delusions that having two under two will be a little hard in the beginning, but they will be the best of friends. I already have a couple matching outfits for them to wear, but I'm not going overboard;). I was smack in the middle of my sisters growing up, older sister is 2.5 years older, and younger sister 19 months younger, and we had a lot of fun and I am still really close to both of them, so again, I am just super excited. And Derek is such a good dad to Olivia, he is going to just love his girls so much and I love watching him be a dad :)
Time is flying a lot faster this pregnancy, probably because Olivia is an adventurous little spitfire, and it's crazy that we will be a family of four in three months! And we can't wait to see Olivia be a big sister, we think she'll rock at it. I guess we'll see in a few months :)

No comments:
Post a Comment