Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Our Little Livvy Lou

SIX MONTHS! How has it been six months already? Being a mom, while difficult at times, has seriously been the most rewarding thing I've ever done. But being a working mom means being very busy, so I haven't been able to blog as often as I originally wanted to. But seeing as this is my way of looking back on things, I'd like to just highlight the last 6 months with our Livvy girl.

October
Of course the biggest part of October was Olivia being born, but I already have a post all about that😉 I'd like to highlight some of Olivia's first outings, which we weren't afraid to do when she was only a few weeks old!

I can't believe she was ever this small. She was so little and sweet! She's always been a very good baby, really from the time we came home with her. I miss those newborn snuggles!

When she was just three weeks old, we took her to her first BYU Football game. It's a very big Clarke family tradition to go to the games. What you can't see here is her cute little "Go Cougs!" onesie (which she only got to wear twice before it was too small).

We also have a tradition with some friends here in Provo to go to Cornbellies at Thanksgiving Point every October. We started when we were all just newlywed couples, and now we all have kids of our own. It's crazy! But also awesome that while we are great friends, our children will be as well.

It was also Olivia's first Halloween. I couldn't find a newborn costume, so I just put her in a cat onesie and in her Halloween themed bow. We carved pumpkins, and had a great night at home.

November
We brought Olivia to her first BYU basketball game not long after she was one month old. She did really well, and even stayed awake through the first half. Honestly these headbanz are awesome when we still want to go do things with her that can be loud.

Olivia's first Thanksgiving also meant spending time with grandparents, aunts, and uncles. We spent the first half of the break at her Grandma and Grandpa Clarke's before taking her first trip to Nana and Papa's cabin (my parents).


We were a little worried about bringing Olivia up to Brian Head, but that was where my family was spending Thanksgiving, so we did so cautiously. She didn't have any problems though, and continued to soak up the love and met most of my family for the first time, including her very excited Auntie Rach and cousins.

December



The most important thing that happened in December was Olivia's blessing day. It was incredibly special having her blessed on Christmas Eve surrounded by friends and family.

I absolutely loved Livvy's blessing dress, which was made by my mom. It was so pretty and perfect. She looked beautiful ♡

Olivia's first  Christmas was spent with both of our families, which was great, but I'm excited for next year when she will have a better idea of what is going on haha. She was only two months old at Christmas time, but just look how much bigger she already was!

We did get to meet Santa Claus, in the form of her Boppa (great grandpa), and we were pleasantly surprised that she didn't freak our or start to cry. She also got to semi-meet her Aunt Taylor who is serving a mission in Japan, and we got to video chat with her.

January
January was when Olivia's happy, determined personality really started to shine through (not that this picture implies it haha). January was my first full month back at work, which was definitely hard, but not having to put Olivia in daycare made it significantly easier. Olivia also experienced her first real snowfall. She wasn't very impressed.

February
Olivia on her first Valentine's Day♡ By February she could sit up all on her own, could roll all over the place, and was starting to get on her hands and knees.

We also brought Olivia on her first trip to the Aquarium, which was more for us as parents than for her haha. But she did love watching the bright blue water and the bright colored fish swim around.

Olivia's first experience with solids, baby oatmeal, was more playing than actual eating.

March

It was a lot of fun getting Olivia started on some St Patrick's Day traditions (well, as much as possible with a five month old). In March she also started to pull herself up to a stand against anything she could get her hands on, and started crawling right at the end!

April
And she's been alive for half of a year!! At 6 months her personality is in full-force, and I am shocked everyday by how determined, happy, smart, and goofy this little girl is. She continues to have no fear, try to trick her mom and dad, and is now trying to stand up without holding onto anything which scares the living daylights out of me. I'm so scared she'll try walking soon, and it's just too early! Stay a baby for a while, honey!

Her first Easter was spent in Sandy at her Aunt Amber's house. She loved playing with and trying to eat the plastic Easter eggs, and since she can't eat candy, we filled them with puffs.

We went with Dad to Arizona for a Pharmacy school interview, which meant she got to go on a plane for the first time. We were nervous, but she did great! She slept for most of the flight there and back, and the only noise we had to try to shush was her non-stop chatter.


My grandparents live in Phoenix, so we stayed with them and Olivia got to spend some time with her Boppa and Nana Penney. She's looking at her Nana Penney in the picture with my Boppa, and she was like that the whole trip. She LOVED my Nana. It was such a good trip, and we definitely plan on going there more often.

Cutie girl also had her first pool trip, and her little fat rolls shown off for all to see definitely makes me excited for many more pool trips this summer.

We also started actual solids this month, and switched from purees (which she hated) to baby-led-weaning, which is they eat whatever you eat, and she LOVES IT. Definitely our daughter because #foodislife. 

We absolutely love watching her grow and develop, and while we get so excited every time she does something new, I can't help but think, "Time, please slow down!" Just scrolling from the top of this post to the bottom makes me want to cry with how big she's gotten and how quickly the time has flown! But I absolutely love being her mom, I have found my calling in life.

I'm going to try to update more often, especially because we have some big changes coming up (stay tuned), so for now I'm really trying to appreciate each day and live in the present. ♡














No comments:

Post a Comment