We've started doing more and more in the nursery, we have our crib and glider, and I've started painting and working on different crafts to decorate it. I'm excited for it to be officially done and then I'll share pictures of that :) I think we've also finally got our registry figured out, I used this site called Babylist.com, and it is really cool. You can basically add anything to your registry regardless of the store, and then it lists the different options and prices so that when people look at it, they know where they can get it for the best deal. It also helps you get the registry started by asking questions about how you plan to parent and your budget, etc. I'd recommend it to any new moms out there.
Regardless of feeling huge (though people continually tell me I'm not that big), we've remained pretty active and have tried to make the best use of our summer. So here are some highlights of some of our mini adventures.
In June we went to Lagoon and my family came with us, it's an awesome benefit offered by OC Tanner, we get the day to go have fun with our families and the company covers the charges.
Derek also celebrated a birthday in June and is now 25! I'm just awful and we didn't take any pictures of our celebrations haha.
We went to Saint George over the 4th holiday weekend and enjoyed the sun, swimming, hiking and both of our families.
We did the Kanarraville Falls hike which was really pretty and fun, but I somehow injured my foot on the hike back down, so I was in a boot for a couple of weeks until I couldn't take it anymore and just wear inserts in my shoes now.
Happy Nana, my mom was very excited when I finally started to show.
And this was taken when I was 28 weeks exactly, first day of the 3rd trimester :)
So there is an update on us and me and the baby, and as we get closer and have the nursery done and baby showers, I'm excited to share what we experience next. I'm hoping the excitement sticks around, because I'm trying to stave of the anxiety and panic about going into labor and actually having this baby. I'm fine about being a parent, no panic about that, I love babies (not saying I'll suddenly be an expert or anything), but man labor is scary haha. Any tips or advice about birthing plans or what to include in the hospital bag will also be greatly appreciated :) Hope everyone is enjoying their summer, look for another update in about a month (that seems to be my routine).






No comments:
Post a Comment