I'm 23 weeks along today, and we finally have a bump! Baby girl moves and kicks like crazy, and I love it (when it isn't keeping me up at night). At my doctor appointment yesterday, she kept kicking the Doppler when trying to listen to her heartbeat, we had to chase her a little bit, too. It was really loud, but she kicked hard enough that the Doppler moved! We've got a future soccer player coming our way. She's doing well and growing and the next 17 weeks couldn't go fast enough as we are so excited to meet her :)
Unfortunately with the arrival of the bump, some of the less desirable pregnancy symptoms have joined as well. Round ligament pain, sciatic nerve pain, swelling, back pain. It makes me not want to move sometimes haha. It makes work difficult as well, and I just have to put up with constant discomfort, but it'll be worth it in the end:)
In other news, since we moved, we now have a Target around the corner, which is awesome, and also awful since I just want to buy all the baby stuff! I've been really good so far, but couldn't help myself when I saw these. Baby girl will be all ready for her first BYU football season. Other than these onesies, I've only bought 2 other dresses, so I've practiced some very good self-control!
Other than freaking out about cute baby clothes, I'm getting really excited about the nursery. My mother-in-law is great with sewing, and is making baby girl a quilt, so over the weekend she helped me make some sheets that would match. It was actually really easy, and were able to get 3 done really quickly! And they look really cute :)
I also found super cute material for a baby blanket, and it was kind of funny that it just happened to match the same colors I have picked for the nursery :) It was a little tricky to sew because of the minky on the back, but it was a lot easier since I've made two already for my niece and nephew. I can't wait to have a cute little baby cuddled up in it.
We also bought our crib, and Derek was awesome and set it up while I was at work so I had a nice surprise when I got home :) It looks so good! And the sheets we made fit perfectly, so that made me happy. We also got the rocker, and I am so excited to continue slowly putting the room together over the next couple months. It'll keep me busy (aka distracted) while we wait for October. I'm excited to get it all done and show everyone :)
Next month's appointment will be the glucose tolerance test, which I hear is awful, so we'll see how that goes, but other than that it's just getting closer and closer to her arrival! We do have other fun stuff going on in the mean time. My family is coming up next weekend and we're going to Lagoon, and we'll probably hit up the aquarium and some other fun stuff, and Derek is rocking his anatomy class. And while summer is shaping up to be hot (miserable), it'll be pretty fun, too :) That's all I've got for now, I'll share more when I have more to share, but until then, I hope everyone else is enjoying the beginning of their summer!





No comments:
Post a Comment